October 8, 2010

Polka-Dot Sit Down

Here's another before and after find from the local auction....$3.75 for the chair...$40 for the fabric.  AMAZING find as the wood finishing was in amazing condition.  The upholstery however had a few mystery stains (no thank-you) and a rip in the back - some pilling and wear...not so pretty.




After...



But I am LOVING the polka dots and simple lines of the chair.  I have another coordinating fabric and chair that is also on the to-do list that I think will look great with this one.  Mmmmm.  :) Yes - I MAY be developing an addiction to trashy chairs....but when do you NOT need something to sit on??



10 comments:

Mom said...

Looks great as usual Ralna.
Good choice on fabric.

Autumn @ Fall For Design said...

Wow. I am book making this and will be coming back for more of your wonderful updates about chairs!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

This turned out super! Love auctions!!!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Wow! What a great re-do. Hard to believe you got the chair for under $4! It looks like it's really solid and sturdy too!

katskraps4kids said...

It turned out so beautifully! I love the dots too. IS the other chair the same? I wish i had the reupholstering know how to do that. I got a great deal on some fabric coverd parson chairs but my slipcover idea didn't work out & I just gave them to my mom. But I had really wanted to keep them...If I had you close by to show me how to make them over there might've been hope- cuz yours looks great! Found you on trash to treasure at sassysites and I am following along now! Be blessed, Karyl =0)

Trina said...

Great job... the polka dots look really fun :)

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Polka dots are my favorite! Great chair redo!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love that fabric! i just visited a pal in louisiana and her shower cutain had oversized dots in these exact colors! i think she needs your chair! thanks for joining my party!

KimMalk said...

The polka dot fabric really brought that chair alive, nice job.

Anonymous said...

i love the finished chair the polka dots really look good with the style of the chair: visit www.nickysnook.wordpress.com to take a look at one of my finished projects
how did u attatch the fabric