(and just to get credit for work already done, I've once again gone back to pre-possession pictures...)
so - we took out the small little cold room - because well....I do laundry more than I can preserves. I actually think I do laundry more than I wash my hair. 'er....and this to suggest I do ALOT of laundry - not to suggest I don't shower...awkward... :) but we also tore out the summer kitchen - which I THINK is designed for use to FILL the cold room?? and well...I wash my hair more than I cook. So really no need for two stoves.
Sadly, however, removing the wall and cabinets also revealed cement floors - yet uncovered by peel and stick fake hardwood floor tiles. Not that floors without peel and stick fake hardwood floor tiles are a bad thing. but patchy dirty nasty paint peeling cement floors are also not cool. K - there's actually just nothing cool about this room.
but - this week-end we spent many many hours on our hands and knees doing this...
Pretty sure some of those babies were placed directly on the wet concrete because well....it sucked! I need a manicure and a back massage. But all this to say - now, when I do laundry and drop half the load on the floor on their way to the dryer....I am LESS likely to have to rewash them. K - I wasn't ENTIRELY likely to do it before either....but now I can feel less guilty about it.
But any of you have any helpful tips that would have popped those suckers right off the floor and saved me my back and about ten hours of my life....?? :) (Not that I REALLY want to hear them now...!!)
Ralna
2 comments:
It looks way better, Ralna :) Sorry, no tips for the removal of the fake tiles though...
I love to see the progress you guys are making in your house. Can't wait to see it all finished someday...
Looks great! And I know that kind of thing is SO much work, but in the end it is so worth it. Good job guys!
Post a Comment