October 27, 2010

Laundry Room - Second Edition

So - here's the progress from stage two on the laundry room.


I wanted a proper dumping ground for shoes and coats - given that this entrance comes right off our car port and the front entrance has no closet and minimal room.  Eventually I want to build lockers with drawers along the bottom to hide everyone's shoes - but - needed something for the interim.


I had a giant oak shelf gifted to us for our wedding - but not really feeling it any more.  So...





some flat black paint -


and some cute little baskets to catch all the mitts and hats for the winter.  One for each kid...


And I used this little nook to create my sewing storage with an old kitchen cupboard we picked up on Craigslist.

Before


After

New door lock and handle  - and bu-bye to the pink/brown/paint experiment from the previous owners...



sadly no funds for drywall right now - but I got a room full of paint left-overs so cleaned up the two tone pegboard for the time being. 



better no?

5 comments:

katskraps4kids said...

Well for some reason my computer isn't showing all the pics but the last few look SO great & organized!!!! I have a mudroom area in our laundry with a closet even but they STILL leave stuff all over & never hang up coats & wotnot...I need somehting like yours that they actually PASS THUR on their way in. With ours, they actaully have to go into another room once they come in the door so i think maybe that's why. I should enclose the look area and make IT an official mudroom/walk thru & MAYBE they'd do it.

But enough of my blathering on...you are an organizing Goddess!!! =0) Hopefully I'll be able to see the rest of the pics later on.

Mona said...

I can't see all the pics either....but from what I can see it looks a hundred times better....so clean and organized. I know you will enjoy this so much more.

Ralna said...

Sorry - redid the links and hopefully the pics are showing up now! :)

Dad said...

Well, it takes a lot of nerve to turn oak into pine or cheap wood with a can of paint. Truly sad!
But then again, looks seem to win over quality. ;)

Trina said...

I can't believe the difference that the paint made on the floor and the walls - doesn't even look like the same room :) Looks fantastic!