I finally bit the bullet and dug out the sandpaper today. I gotta say - I was SERIOUSLY chicken! But I think it was a definite improvement and brings out the detail in the carved arms. My first actual attempt at "weathering" with the paint layering, sanding, and I finished it with a super light stain wash on and off - which totally changed the look as well and I think matched it to the fabric even more! Tried not to stress too much about it being perfect and "symmetrically" and evenly distressed - silence the OCD part of myself - because I guess that is technically the whole point of distressing - to make it look old and naturally "UN-perfect". But it's hard...there's still the sick little part of me inside that wants to go back and match ever "wear" with an equally worn mirror reflection on the other side. I need help don't I?
And because it's always fun to do a good before and after....
Have a great night...
Ralna
10 comments:
Looks great - glad you didn't balance it all out - definitely more authentic :) Great job, as usual.
Great job! Love the details on this chair.
how do you find this stuff? I've been hunting all weekend and have come up completly empty handed. maybe you have to live in a place smaller than a million people...
Beautiful job! Found your post on Polly want a crafter. Thanks for sharing! melissa
What a beautiful job. One day I'm going to get up enough courage to try reupolstering something. I'm so not crafty, but love fabric so much. If I ever did learn how to sew and upholster, there would be no end to my craziness. LOL Thanks for sharing your talent. You are a true inspiration to people like me who struggle along with the simplest of tasks.
I am hosting a trash to treasure Tuesday party over at Sassy Sites! Come by and link up!! :)
Marni @ Sassy Sites!
www.sassysites.blogspot.com
Wow talk about trash to treasure! Great job!
How cute! Love the distressing!
Looks beautiful. I love your choice of fabric.
wow- you really rescued this chair! looks a billion times better!
Post a Comment