September 11, 2010

it's falling time

So - my nod to Fall is gradually growing into more of a slow head spasm - not so fast that Aaron will notice the new decorations on our tight 'new homeowner' budget however....  it's all about mastering subtlety right? ;) Actually - for the most part I'm just on the hunt for free things I have around the house/yard/neighbourhood to gradually nurse everyone slowly out of summer and prepare them for the outright frontal attack I have planned for Christmas.  Ahhh - Christmas! :)  I also am not a big fan of clutter or additional random objects that my kids can relocate throughout the house so I'm keeping things simple. 


I have long been loving the white ceramic birds that are everywhere - so, my favorite little craft superstore helped me out for $5.99...

That's a pine cone, acorn and small piece of driftwood on the sand.  How very zen hey? 


and here's a few little fall moments I've created in our main living space.


Now just gotta pick up my pumpkin spice candle and find a friend who'll perhaps drop off a fresh apple pie?  Just sayin'....

3 comments:

Mom said...

Look at you.....!! I was thinking maybe I should hang the Fall wreath on the door soon.....but looks like you are way ahead with the decorating.

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

The only way I will accept fall is if you brew me a pumpkin spice latte!

Trina said...

Gorgeous. As usual.