August 20, 2010

$5 and 5 minutes....

So yesterday I did sew my pretty new bedskirt for my guest bedroom - not a hugely glam job - but one that needed to be done and....done it is!  And I think it made a big difference - I'm not looking at cream Sealy Posturepedic logos so I'm happy! It's all in the time consuming details hey? Now just three more things to knock off the list and the guest room is DONE! :)


Speaking of details....I totally cheated on the bedskirt.  I didn't have enough fabric to do the full meal deal for the bedskirt and really wasn't excited about spending more $ on this project....so - two packs of self-stick velcro strips...
Don't tell my Grade 7 Home Economics teacher...
And here is a few two minute jobs I had on my list before it was back to cleaning, laundry and dishes....  housework is for suckers.  unfortunately...in this house....I'm said sucker... :)


I LOVE Wal-Mart.  Here's my two $5 finds of the week and my small efforts to try and make them a little more personalized.


A plain white linen lamp shade....
some painter's tape and craft paint....
Ta-Da!  Not a huge statement - but cute!   
And my $5.00 three pack of black storage boxes....


and some plaque look-alike silver stickers...
I LOVE organization! Too bad my kids can't read yet...should have gone with picture labels :)

1 comment:

Trina said...

My guest bed is still waiting for a skirt... love the idea :)