August 3, 2010

my $2.50 project

So today I took an hour of my day and finally started the project I've been thinking about for weeks now to try in our guest room.  I totally stole the idea from here, and just made up a stencil with some card stock.  I then used my $2.50 acrylic silver craft paint from Wal-Mart and a little craft paintbrush and took the plunge!  


Originally I thought I would do it all across the back wall - but now I'm thinking I like it in the corner.  I will most likely do one strip on the other wall kitty-corner across the room as I do still want to add my headboard and don't want it to be too much.  But I'm pretty happy with it - think it made a big difference in adding interest to the room and was definitely within the budget at this point! :)  


Before
After


CHEAP AND FAST! ;)



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should do the whole wall. That would look snazzy!

Darrel said...

how much do you charge?

Trina said...

Love it love it love it...

Ralna said...

That depends Darrel...how much do you make?? ;)

Mom said...

I love it too. And I agree that with what you are planning for the headboard, just doing the strips on the sides will be adequate. Great work and very creative.

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Ralna - this is AMAZING! You did such a great job! It's absolutely beautiful!

Tarasview said...

I love it!!

Jay said...

beautiful! i drew inspiration from k.f.d. designs for my table re-do too! she is wonderfully talented.

Jay said...

and so are you!

Sarah said...

This looks so pretty! I didn't know craft paint could look so classy.

evelania said...

Hi, looks great! I'm wondering what color & brand is your wall paint? Also, I would love to do something like this but my walls are textured (knockdown), any opinions on if I could pull it off? Thanks!

Ralna said...

For this room I just used CIL paint and the acrylic silver metallic craft paint for the stencil. I'm definitely not an expert - But I'm guessing something like this would still work on a knock-down texture - it would just be hard to get the cleaner lines of the stencil. Hope that helps! :)