October 21, 2012

Next Time Won't You Sing With Me?

I spent Thanksgiving with my brother and SUPERSTAR sister-in-law - one of my very favorite people because she's awesome, super crafty and always willing to jump into a project with me.  I might add that she's also smart.  Smart enough to go 'another way' when we began this seemingly easy peasy art project! :)

I was strolling around some blogs for an alphabet idea for our playroom wall and came across my very favorite option at a blog called HowDoesShe?  I am currently obsessed with my Silhouette so it was a pretty easy sell.  However - didn't really think it all through.  the whole 26 squares, 26 mounting plywood pieces, sanding the 26 squares, sanding the 26 mounting pieces, painting the 52 squares (thankful for said superstar sister-in-law who helped!), cutting the 26 papers, glueing 26 papers, picking 26 vinyl letters, cutting 26 vinyl letters, mounting 26 boards on plywood squares, installing 26 frame mounting claws, measuring, remeasuring, leveling and hanging 26 squares onto the wall.  26.  there are 26 letters in the alphabet.  

But it looks FANTASTIC!  And I love it! :)   





I'm also looking forward to the day where I get to be the one to patch 26 little holes in the wall! :)

Make sure to check out Danae's finished project here!  (Like how I set you up there Danae? - pretty sure you mentioned you were waiting for me to 'inspire' your post....?!)

4 comments:

Trina said...

Looks like a LOT of work. That's the crazy thing about the alphabet though - 26. Very cute, Ralna. You (and Danae!) did a fantastic job! I'd love to see a photo from a little farther back to see how it fills the wall! :)

Mom said...

Looks great Ralna....where DO you find the time for all this?
I am impressed!

Danae said...

Looks amazing!! However, the super-star sister-in-law title really should be given to you seeing as how you've finished 26 and I haven't even finished my 5...

And in light of Thanksgiving (when we started this project) I'm so thankful for you and how you've perfected the art of persuasion. :)
Gotta say though not so thankful for the link...

Jenna Clayton said...

Love it, I have been wanting to do something like this in Jake's room. So...how much would you charge to come and help me :)