October 23, 2012

Fall Pumpkiny Delicious Muffins

So - I must confess that 99% of the time....I completely and universally SUCK at baking muffins.  They go dry and puck-like and,...sit in the freezer for about three months before making their inevitable journey to the place we call the garbage.  Which is highly unlike the shelf-life of ANY other baked goods in this home of these happy happy pudgy hosts.  umm...i'm just going to go ahead and through out a number.  about 38 minutes.  My mother-in-law however is AMAZING at baking muffins and my very very favorite ones on her list are Pumpkin Chip.  Seriously - sooo good.  and how 'Fall-ish' are they?  

So being that it is very cold and miserable outside - although not snowing my poor poor Alberta friends...:) - I decided to give 'er another go.  



Today is the day of my 1%.  And you are regrettin' the absence of that there smellovision right about now, because seriously - SOOO nummy.  Fluffy.  Chocolatey.  Delightful.  Can I hear a 'well done'??  And yes, perhaps I do not need to eat them all, and yes, perhaps there are 'healthier' options I should investigate in said 38 minutes.  I'm pretty sure I can feel my rear end growing.  but we're alllllll good.

So MAKE them.  

Pumpkin Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 c. sugar
16 oz pure canned pumpkin
1 1/2 c. cooking oil
3 c. flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 c. chocolate chips

Beat eggs, mix in oil, pumpkin and sugar.  In large bowl, sift dry ingredients.  Fold pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in chocolate chips to dry mixture before combining.   Do not overmix or use mixer.  350 for about 15 minutes.  And eat them.  All.     



4 comments:

Trina said...

They sound amazing! Definitely I will put them next on my "to make" list :) Very pretty too, which always counts for something!

Mona said...

Well done, kiddo!!

klmoore23 said...

These last a total of ummm...maybe 9 hours in my house. Sad that there's only 1 of me in the house too! Nice work. Very 'un-puck' like! ;)

Ralna said...

Lol! Glad I'm not the only one Kristy! :)