September 19, 2012

Craft Closet Inspiration Board

So, I did mention that something had to be done about the current craft room closet situation.  So, step one was to convince the other party involved to house something/anything from the closet in his workshop.  And he quickly agreed to take the Christmas tree - which is when I think I let out an actual audible squeal.  You know, like eight year old girls do when their parents agree to a Friday night slumber party.  A little awkward.  Kinda surprised myself actually.  Umm...apparently I didn't expect negotiations to go quite so smoothly... :)

Regardless, this has given me much more space, and with a few hours of organization and a few changes, it is already much improved.  YAY!  So, it's not ready for the big reveal yet - I know, HOW will you sleep right??  But, I do have a little something something to show you which I am quite excited about.  I wanted a small corkboard to pin up pics/ideas/lists (OH how I love me a good list!) and I had this fabulous old gold picture frame that I had painted white and was left empty waiting for a purpose.  So I picked up a roll of cork for $10, cut it to size and glued it to some thin plywood.  I then used some craft paint and a circle template to add some small blue polka dots.  'Cause, you know, it has to be 'crafted' in some fashion.


But, my favorite little addition was the paper flower push pins, taken from the Greenbean's Crafterole.  Umm...CUTEST thing EVER!






2 comments:

Trina said...

Love the pushpins - super cute! Glad you're making some progress on the craft "room" ;)

Mom said...

Very creative!! Looking forward to the big reveal of your craft space.