Of course there continues to be another world to the left of that closet entrance - but it truly is amazing (read...sad/pathetic) how much room is discovered when you organize and tidy a few years of neglected accumulation!
September 23, 2012
Sewing/Craft Closet
After cleaning out the clutter, painting the walls and the back of the closet door (because well, when I painted the front of the door two years ago I was MUCH too busy to do the back), installing two new shelves, sorting and organizing my whole little bin system, putting up a ribbon dowel, repurposing an old magazine rack for wrapping paper and putting in my corkboard - I am happily content with phase one of the craft/sewing closet. Phase two of course being blowing out the back of the closet and extending it through to overtake the entire playroom/family room behind it. Naturally.
I wanted the shelves to look a little chunkier so Aaron faced the melamine shelves with MDF. I found the blue damask canvas bins as Wal-Mart and thought they would look great in there and be good for housing all batting and flannel as they are bulkier and don't compact as well in the drawers. The larger bin on the fabric tower is for projects 'in process' - which is a too common reality when I try to find 'uninterrupted' sewing/crafting moments. And I know that the truth is if I don't build in for this occurrence, the leaning tower of half-done projects will be back in a matter of weeks! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! That's quite a transformation! Looks great as usual Ralna. I know you will enjoy working on your projects so much more now that the storage space is organized. I DO want to see what happens in the rest of the closet though........ But I really think you MAY have some objections to breaking out the back wall!! Just sayin'.....
Looks so much better (and fantastic as usual!) :) How could you not be inspired to work on your projects now?! Maybe it'll be the kind of inspiration Dad gets when Mom cleans the garage ;) You won't even have any "in process" projects! (at least I think that's how it goes at their house...)
Post a Comment