September 14, 2012

My Creative Space...(or lack thereof)

So every once in awhile I get these little epiphanies - kind of like a veil is taken away and a true injustice becomes exposed, a truth hidden among the clutter of status quo and naive contentment.   

This is the kids space...


This is the creative space for my husband,   


and this,...this is my creative space.  It's a closet.  The closet under the stairs.  

Ummm...anyone else seeing any inconsistencies???...Some MAY even argue that I use mine the most.  just sayin'.

And this closet also houses the Christmas decorations, spare picture frames, Kids clothes storage, air mattress, Christmas tree, pack and play, portable high chair and the gifts of sizable stature my family likes to drop off about nine years in advance (...you know I love you :)).  It's a big closet. 

And every few months/weeks it must all be hauled out into the guest room, shuffled around and the amazing puzzle/leaning tower of Pisa recreated back into the closet after getting out the next size of hand-me-down clothes, pack-and-play or various other vital daily provisions we like to keep as unaccessible as possible.   

This can't be okay.

It kinda makes me think that the previous owner may have had the same fate given that there was a wallpaper border in it when we moved in - although ill-guided, an attempt to make peace with her alloted space... 


  

2 comments:

Mom said...

Ralna...you have such an amazing talent of expressing yourself!! And yes...I would agree that you should have a more substantial space in order to be able to fully develop and demonstrate all your creative talents and aspirations. But really now...do you want to in any way curtail the abundance of adventures in creativity that take place in that HUGE playroom (which I personally have witnessed as having been utilized, and amazingly so, to its very extremities)...or perhaps limit Aaron's budding capabilities in successfully manufacturing such wonderful structures as you yourself very recently displayed in this very blog. Obviously I can't appreciate your frustrations in having to function out of such limited quarters as you do, but to this point, I can't imagine that you could have done any better than you have. Because, seriously, YOU ARE AMAZING. And the very fact that you have been able to "pull it off" so successfully, well...words escape me.....

Trina said...

Next year I'm getting a bigger box and dropping it off even earlier. Just sayin'.