For several months I have had very good intentions of trying a fabric basket. I finally put my intentions to action and found a great pattern on Sew4Home and gave 'er a try! LOVED it! It was super easy and I only had to pull apart one of six so for this amateur sewer I'm pretty proud of those stats. :) I tried a few different weights of fabric - from cotton to outdoor canvas, and really liked the more 'tumbled' look of the canvas, but the cotton worked out just as well with the firm interfacing. I did two for Adria's nursery with some scraps left over from her quilt for diapers and socks,
a couple for my laundry room to bring in a little more color in to the room in progress, one for my guest room - just cause I had some scraps in that fabric and I was on a roll,
and another random canvas one - which is my personal favorite, and might find its way into my sewing cupboard or I could always give it away....cause then I could make MORE!
Yeah, got a little excited about the fabric baskets. Actually had to stop myself.
2 comments:
Boy, you really are on a roll! A couple posts in as many days!! Looks great....very creative, and adds a nice touch to your rooms.
LOVE the baskets!!! They look fantastic! (by the way, are any of those finding their way to my house??! hint hint)
:)
Post a Comment