January 15, 2012

the baby needs a room.

In anticipation of our baby's arrival, which may or may not have occurred about four months ago, (but really who's keeping track of my blogging delinquency right, ahem,...Trina....) we did prepare a new little nursery for her.  I, probably a little too confident in my belief that it was a girl, went ahead with a color scheme that could have proved to be a little problematic had my 'gut feeling' been off,...but it all worked out perfect! :)  



The tree mural was an addition to the room started to pass the time because she was late and I was bored.  BUT, it turned out super cute and I'm really happy I took the plunge.  It also gave me a place to hang some cute black and white pictures of her little newborn fingers and toes which I love!   


The quilt was a super sweet gift of love from my mom.  I picked out fabric and a pattern online and had them sent to her  and she graciously sewed the countless - (well - 'countless' to me because I didn't have to do it!) pieces together.  ;)  But it turned out so beautiful and I am so happy with it!  Something I definitely could not have pulled off!



So - this is where our princess hangs out.  There are a few more projects I would like to add to it, but we're happy with it for now.  I don't think I've ever had a room "done" so why start now right??

4 comments:

Mona said...

Ahhhh.....love your room Ralna. Your little princess loves it too I am sure. Glad to see you posting again. Keep it up!!

Trina said...

Looks so beautiful, Ralna.... You always do such a great job of pulling things together. I love what you came up with!

Thanks for getting motivated to post again... we've all missed you!

Danae said...

I agree with Trina! It's great to read your posts again!

Ralna said...

Thanks for the comments guys! It makes it much more fun to post when you know a few people read them! :) Looking forward to reading your latest Danae..... ;)