July 1, 2011

Petal Pink Cake

Claire turned five last week (which is really unbelievable in itself - can't believe my baby girl is almost ready for school...) and being the little princess that she is - when I saw this cake on I am Baker - I was definitely inspired and the promise that it was way easier than it looked gave me a glimmer of a hope I could even pull it off! :)  After all - my given audience was going to be four five year olds so really - not a scary crowd of critics.  But it truly was easy peasy and super impressive given the effort and the skills I started with!  Definitely use the butter cream icing recipe if nothing else.  AMAZING!  2 cups of butter, 8 cups of icing sugar and a cup of whipping cream.....really how could I NOT eat this every single day!?!



k - this MAY explain the twenty pound baby on the way.....

2 comments:

Trina said...

Looks amazing :) Too bad I wasn't there to get in on some of that icing! You can make it for me next time I see you - with or without the cake.
Happy Birthday to a pretty special FIVE year old!! :)

Mom said...

That is too beautiful to cut into!! How could you??? Looks great. I'm sure the princess was thrilled with that.