July 2, 2011

Laundry Sneak Peek

Well I wish that our laundry room could be presented with one grandious reveal - with the traditional before and after pic presentations.  But, I think this blog has been very truthful in the reality of my life not at all representing an episode of Divine Design or Sarah's House - and NOTHING is ever finished in one easy motivated attempt.  I have kids, we are not professionals and we have a very limited budget.  Almost everything we do it DIY.  And....I'm a bit of a 'project hopper'.  Instead - I'm thinking this is going to come with about fifteen sneak peeks and a slow slow slow progression.  But today I am happy to announce that my new laundry/mudroom walls - have been painted and some base cabinetry has gone in! K - that seems like ummm....not alot.  but here's the pics....


Before... (you know I like to go back to worst case scenario for the glory shot!...)


To walls....


And now...




And we actually built the two cabinets on either side of the washer and dryer with our own four little hands and just bought the doors so, I'm actually pretty proud of them!  Saved us a ton of moola too!  They had too be higher to prep for the counter top that will eventually span across the length of the back wall.  


Baby steps!....next project I believe is the floor....Tired of trying to scrub cracked concrete clean... :(





2 comments:

Mom said...

Looks SOOOOO great Ralna. So proud of you. You've done an amazing job!
Looking forward to the next step.

Trina said...

Looks fantastic. The baby step reveals are better anyway - more realistic :) and I don't feel as bad when my progress is slow too! Can't wait to see the rest... but not too quick. No pressure on the pregnant lady ;)