January 5, 2011

Dining Room Progress

SOOO - SUPER excited to show you the new additions to our dining room!  it's lookin' so pertty!  :)  Stopped by the Brick today and found these attractive little floor models on clearance....


upscaling our pathetic little too-short stools to a sleek little leather number that actually allows you to reach the island countertop!  Nice little bonus feature for a bar stool! :)  Beyond excited....

Before...
After
(the third chair comes today - I was just impatient...!)
And before Christmas I found drapes - that could not be a closer match to my kitchen wall color - for our patio door (which right now I would prefer if you would squint and imagine as beautiful garden doors opening out on to my meticulously manicured garden terrace instead of the sliding challenged, energy inefficient, locking incapable, sliding steel doors leading to the brown barren deck.  seriously, these patio doors - I have no words.   we're not friends.  Anyway- got the drapes 50% off which was thrilling for me because I was having zero luck with my limited access to fabric stores.


And the fancy little clock in the corner was a Christmas present! - LOVE it!  :)

Put up the matching bamboo blinds to the kitchen window over the sink and that helped a lot in tying everything together!


But what do you think?  Suggestions?  Comments??

1 comment:

Mom said...

Lookin' Good Ralna!!