July 8, 2010

Looky looky...

so....what I'm learning about myself is that I have no patience.  I suck at waiting.  I want it done now.  No five year plan, no waiting until we financially recover, no waiting for the time and energy to get things finished.  I want to get 'er done now! :)  


Sadly,....I do not have the energy, resources, or skills to realize that dream today.  Actually I think I am now morally opposed to paint brushes and given the 35 degrees  outside...kinda morally opposed to any activity at all today.  but lucky for me...my guests are not.  Mom M and Kristy are here for the week to attack the jungle that was our yard and they are deserving of a medal. :) 


This was what we inherited and have been skillfully neglecting since we got possession June 1st....


And two days later...we're looking at this.....


and more importantly this...
BEAUUUTIFUL!  
THey have done amazing and we are so so so grateful~ for the blisters, bruises, rose bush cuts, sunburns, sore muscles, and heat exhaustion...


THANK-YOU!  Don't you want to come visit?? ;)


and ps...the scooter on the road...that's what my husband is proudly driving to work this week. I think it came with a pink helmet....

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow!! That DOES look amazing!
Good job, Joan and Kristy.
Now to keep it looking like that Ralna...

Dad said...

I like your front yard. It looks very Penticton. I like the flowers. It looks really cared for now you have pulled out some of the extra vegetation. Very proud of you. A big thanks to Joan and Kristy for their help.