April 22, 2011

Easiest Birthday Cake EVER!

So my baby boy turned three this past week-end.  So very sad.  Funny how the time goes so fast but the days go SOOOO SLOWWW! :)  How is that possible??? We were actually out of town for the week-end so I needed to come up with a cake that could be done with minimal effort in someone else's kitchen.  My sister is a genius and remembered seeing a Dump Truck cake.  Ummm....PERFECT for Jaden and seriously COULD NOT BE EASIER!  A chocolate cake mix, some chocolate butter icing, a package of chocolate pudding, a bag of Fudgeeos and some gummy worms.  besides baking the cake - took about ten minutes to put together - the kids LOVED it and it was actually quite delicious.  It turned out super cute too.  







So....definitely my new favorite birthday theme.  Just wondering how many years I can manoeuvre it - i'm thinking a flower pot for girls??

2 comments:

Trina said...

It WAS delicious :) and yes, I think you can work it for a few years!... eventually he'll catch on, but in the meantime, you're laughing :)

Karin said...

I did the same thing for Josh one year - after many years of elaborate, shaped cakes - and I wondered the exact thing..."How many years can I get away with this cake?" Great minds think alike, obviously!